DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Octal Preamplifier

Hi!

since I mostly write about my separate phono and linestages, many people are not aware that I also have a full function preamp in the offering which has a phono stage integrated. The Octal Preamplifier.




The Octal Preamp has a transformer coupled lien stage with auto former volume control. In this Mk2 version the linestage uses the 6AH4 triode.




The phono section is a LC coupled circuit with passive split RC RIAA.




6SC7 is used as input tube and 6N7 in the second stage.




Signal section and power supply are in separate chassis.





In this case the preamp is built in the classic landscape chassis but could be done in portrait stye as well.








A lower cost alternative to my D3A and 10Y combo.




Best regards

Thomas




4 comments:

  1. Da erkenne ich meinen alten Oktal wieder! Tolle Arbeit, Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear thomas I am interested in a tube integrated amp can you build me one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, send me an email, contact info here:
      https://vinylsavor.blogspot.de/p/impressum.html

      Delete
  3. Thomas,

    Can this integrated phono design accommodate lcr RIAA in this chassis?


    Ted S.

    ReplyDelete