DISCLAIMER

All rights of photos and text reserved. Usage of photos or text from my blog on other websites or for any other purpose only with prior permission. If you want to use any material from my blog please contact me by email.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Ultimate Phono Stage - Part 3

Hi!

A quick update on the ultimate version of my phono stages.




As shown on Part 2, the phono was already pretty much finished last month. Due to some other tasks I only now found the time to do the last touch ups.




The signal section.




Signal section and power supply together:




The wood has been changed to the dark smoked eucalyptus for a better contrast to the gold coloured metal plates.




When I started this project I though the gold anodised metal with the maroon metallic red transformer covers might be a bit too gaudy. But since it is finished I like this color combination a lot.




Of course it can be built in any other color combination as well.




Close up the the rectifiers on the power supply:




The phono is playing right now. Stay tuned for part 4 with some sound impressions and more photos.

Best regards

Thomas



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! If I win a lottery I will buy this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some data would be of interest. Gain, dist., output impedance and so on,
    Josef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of these is built to order and gain can be adjusted within a certain range to fit the requirements. Output impedance is about 200 Ohms

      BR

      Thomas

      Delete
    2. An additional remark: Depending on the requirements output impedance can be traded for additional gain. If you are interested in one you can email me for details

      Delete